The Paton Society was formed in 1985 to honor Dr. R. Townley Paton, the founder and driving force behind the first eye bank established in the United States in 1944, and to provide a link between the Eye Bank Association of America and corneal surgeons. Each year, the Paton Society bestows the prestigious R. Townley Paton Award upon an ophthalmologist to recognize his or her commitment to EBAA and Eye Banking.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to all EBAA member services and products, including the Members’ Sections on the EBAA Website
- Annual Statistical Report on Eye Banking and Corneal Transplantation
- Discounted Registration to the Cornea and Eye Banking Forum
- Discounted Registration to the EBAA Annual Meeting
- Access to programs and resources on eyeLEARN
- Ability to participate in discussions with colleagues on the new EBAA Community Platform, the Lens
- Complimentary access to EBAA Medical Standards and Advisories
- Updates on Legislative and Regulatory Issues, including the weekly Focal Point
- Eligibility to apply for EBAA research grants
- Eligibility to Serve on EBAA Committees and impact change in policies and standards
- Receive a steep discount on CORNEA (A subscription is not included with membership – click here to purchase a subscription at a discounted rate!)
If an eye bank would like to purchase memberships on behalf of their Medical Directors, this paper form can be completed and submitted. If a physician is joining the Paton Society on their own, please use the button below.
The pricing structure for the Paton Society Membership can be found below.
Corneal Surgeons: $75