EBAA is seeking members to serve on the Board of Directors for the 2023-2025 Board term. You will help shape the profession’s future by participating in strategic discussions, establishing EBAA’s policies, and governing the association. EBAA-member eye bank staff and Paton Society members are encouraged to apply for service.
Members may nominate themselves or may be nominated by others. Completed nomination forms must be received no later than March 24.
- At-Large Director (three positions open)
- All EBAA-accredited eye bank staff and Paton Society members are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
- In keeping with EBAA’s commitment to diversity; members from underrepresented constituencies are particularly encouraged to consider Board service.
- Two years of service on an EBAA Committee are required to serve on the Board. These two years must be completed before July 1, 2023
- EBAA’s bylaws state that no more than one person from an eye bank can serve on the Board at a given time; this includes Medical Directors and Associate Medical Directors.
- All candidates, including current Board members seeking re-election, must complete this form
- Volunteers should consider the unique value and expertise they can bring to a committee and their ability to participate meaningfully before submitting an application
- All eye bank staff applications require endorsement by their eye bank’s Executive Director or Board Chair
- Candidates will be asked to provide a three-minute video describing their experience and interest in Board service, to be posted to EBAA’s website and to participate in a Town Hall meeting before the Annual Meeting (early May)
- Candidates elected to serve on the Board must participate in EBAA’s annual Board Orientation & Training meeting – scheduled for July 21-23 in Washington DC; all expense are paid by EBAA.
- Call for Volunteers: February 23
- Application Deadline: March 17
- Elections in House of Delegates: June 23