The Eye Bank Association of America offers the opportunity to attain Certified Eye Bank Technician (CEBT) status through an electronic examination administered by an outside educational testing agency. In addition, a candidate for eye bank technician certification must successfully demonstrate proficiency in the recovery of corneoscleral rims, which must be witnessed and verified by the candidate’s Medical Director and Technical Trainer.
Once certification is awarded, CEBT status will expire on December 31st, three years from the date of certification. Recertification may be obtained by earning 16 continuing education units (CEUs), and meeting the EBAA course requirements within the three-year period. Refer to the section on recertification for further details.
Resources to Prepare:
- Criteria for Certification and Recertification
- Practice Exam
- Exam Content Outline
- Exam Study Guide
- EBAA Medical Standards (viewable in Members section)
- EBAA Procedures Manual (viewable in Members section)
- FDA Final Guidance for Industry: Current Good Tissue Practice (cGTP)
- FDA Final Guidance for Industry: Eligibility Determination for Donors of HCT/Ps
2018 Fall CEBT Exam Application Period is Closed
FALL EXAM PERIOD: October 13 - 27, 2018
The application deadline has passed.