The Speaker of the House serves as the House of Delegates’ representative on the Board of Directors. He/she communicates board action to the membership, and solicits and shares with the board the members’ responses and concerns.
- Chairs and facilitates House of Delegates meetings; calls special meetings of the House of Delegates as necessary
- Works with Chair and President & CEO to prepare agendas for HOD meetings
- Serves as a full member on the Board of Directors and acts as liaison between board and House of Delegates
- Works with the President & CEO to ensure HOD resolutions and inquiries are addressed
- Provides regular reports of Board meetings to HOD representatives
- Actively solicits recommendations and comments from HOD representatives and effectively represents these issues to the Board of Directors
- Serves on the Governance Committee
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to coalesce the Board of Directors’ deliberations and actions into a clear description of its processes and actions.
- Ability to synthesize diverse viewpoints into a coherent vision of the members’ needs, concerns and expectations.
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Relationship building skills