The Secretary-Treasurer ensures that the Board of Directors’ administrative aspects are in order and clearly presented to the board and membership. Because EBAA employs a professional and capable staff, many of these duties will be performed by staff, with the Secretary-Treasurer assuming a supervisory or consultative role.
- Attends all board meetings; provides notice of board or committee meetings when such notice is required
- Reviews board minutes as prepared by staff
- Maintains all board records and ensures their accuracy and safety
- Assumes responsibilities of the Chair in the absence of the Chair and Chair-Elect
- Chairs the Finance Committee
- Works with President & CEO and finance director to develop annual budget; monitors and reports on significant deviations from the budget.
- Works with President & CEO, finance director and investment advisor to ensure that association’s reserve funds are invested according to the approved investment policy
- Has legal custody of corporate funds
- Reports on transactions and the association’s financial condition; provides to the board an annual audit of the association’s financial condition.
- Performs other appropriate functions as requested by board
- Strong organizational skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into action plans
- Familiarity with not-for-profit accounting and financial principles