Gift of Sight
This award is presented during the EBAA Annual Meeting to a professional who works closely with the eye banking community and whose efforts have demonstrated significant support of eye banking and corneal donation.
Congratulations to the 2018 Gift of Sight Award recipient:
alfarena t. ballew, mba
Chief Deputy Coroner
Marion County Coroner’s Office
Nominated by: VisionFirst
- Eligible nominees include, but are not limited to: Nurses, Medical Examiners, Funeral Service Professionals, Social Workers, Clergy, Hospital Administrative Personnel and any professionals who have worked to encourage corneal donation.
- Nominations must be made by Executive Directors and/or Medical Directors of member eye banks for a professional associated with their eye bank who has made outstanding contributions to the eye bank, eye banking, and the “Gift of Sight.”
- Previous nominations may be submitted.
- EBAA will provide the awardee with one night of lodging, the award, a press release, and coverage in the EBAA Year in Review and the Insight e-newsletter.
- The submitting eye bank is responsible for all other expenses.
- Recipient must be present at the Annual Meeting to receive the award.
- Salaried eye bank staff or paid outside consultants are not eligible for the award.