The Gift of Sight Award is presented to a professional who works within the healthcare / eye banking community.
Successful nominees will, through their words and actions, demonstrate significant support for eye banking and corneal donation. Direct involvement with their local EBAA-member eye bank and efforts to engage the eye bank with their own organization and/or the broader community, are particularly valued.
Eligible nominees include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Examiners
- Funeral Service Professionals
- Social Workers
- Hospital Administrative Personnel
…and any professionals who encourage corneal donation and advance EBAA’s mission.
- Nominations must be made by Executive Directors and/or Medical Directors of member eye banks for a professional associated with their eye bank who has made outstanding contributions to the eye bank, eye banking, and the “Gift of Sight.”
- Previous nominations may be submitted.
- EBAA will provide the awardee with one night of lodging, the award, a press release, and coverage in the EBAA Year in Review and the Insight e-newsletter.
- The submitting eye bank is responsible for all other expenses.
- Recipient should be present at the Annual Meeting to receive the award.
- Salaried eye bank staff or paid outside consultants are not eligible for the award.
- The Gift of Sight Award will be presented during our Annual Award Dinner on Friday, June 23
The nomination deadline has passed.