The Crystal Cornea Award is presented to individuals or organizations from outside healthcare and eye banking.
Successful nominees will, through their words and actions, elevate public awareness of corneal donation and transplantation. Direct involvement with their local EBAA-member eye bank and efforts to engage the eye bank with their own organization and/or the broader community, are particularly valued.
Eligible nominees include, but are not limited to:
- Public figures
- Media organizations or broadcasters
…or others who advance corneal donation and EBAA’s mission.
- Nominations must be made by Executive Directors and/or Medical Directors of member eye banks for a professional associated with their eye bank who has made outstanding contributions to the eye bank, eye banking, and the “Gift of Sight.”
- Previous nominations may be submitted.
- EBAA will provide the awardee with one night of lodging, the award, a press release, and coverage in the EBAA Year in Review and the Insight e-newsletter.
- The submitting eye bank is responsible for all other expenses.
- Recipient should be present at the Annual Meeting to receive the award.
- Salaried eye bank staff or paid outside consultants are not eligible for the award.
- The Crystal Cornea Award will be presented during our Annual Award Dinner on Friday, June 23
The nomination deadline has passed.