Thank you for agreeing to present at the 2022 Cornea and Eye Banking Forum. As you prepare for the event, please review information below. In order to help with your preparation, we have provided details about the event below. If you have any questions, please contact Genevieve Magnuson.
- Date: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Location: McCormick Place West Building
- Room: W190AB
- Audience: 300-400 Ophthalmologists and Eye Bankers
Equipment and Room Set-up
- PC and Mac will be provided
- Slide Changer with Pointer
- Confidence Monitor (Speaker notes will not be visible)
- Two Presentation Screens
- Podium with Microphone
- Timer (8 minutes for presentation, 3 minutes for Q&A)
- Co-Chairs Seated on Stage at Table (Sophie Deng, MD, PhD, and Joshua Hou, MD)
- Microphones in the audience for attendees to ask questions
- Presentation Deadline: Presentations are due Thursday, September 22. (Dropbox invitations will be sent to each speaker for upload)
- Registration: Speakers must be registered for the event. To register for the Cornea and Eye Banking Forum, click here.
- Speakers presenting abstracts will be given 8 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for Q&A. Please make your way to the front of the room during Q&A session for the speaker before you, so that you are ready to take the stage.
- Invited speakers participating in a mini-symposium will be given 8 minutes, and will join a group Q&A.
- Slide Format: 16:9 aspect ratio (wide screen)
- Financial Interest Disclosure: All presenters and co-authors must complete the Financial Interest Disclosure Form. Presentations must include a slide about financial interests related to the presentation. There must not be any promotion of any products or services during the presentation.
- Preferred terminology:
- Recover/ recovered or procure/procured instead of harvest/ harvested
- Donor instead of cadaver (ocular donor or cornea donor also acceptable)
- Whole eye or eye instead of globe
- Storage solution instead of storage media
- Note: All medical students, residents, and fellows are eligible for the Best Paper of Session Award. The award will be announced during Session IV, if you are a student, resident, or fellow, please be sure to be in the meeting room during Session IV toward the front of the room. The recipient of the award will receive a plaque as well as a monetary award of $1500; the engraved plaque will be sent following the program.
In order to comply with CME Guidelines, please follow the presentation guidelines below:
- Presentations must include a slide about financial interests related to the presentation.
- Presentations must be free of commercial bias for or against any product.
- Presentations that include commercial products must present objective information about those products, based on scientific methods generally accepted in the medical community.
- The preponderance of slides included in the presentation should reflect original thoughts and organization of the speaker.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter to obtain written permission for print inclusion of material that is under copyright protection.
- Material presented from trial results must include information on study design, subject selection and participation/compliance, therapeutic agents administered including source/dosage, adverse effects encountered, funding source, etc.
- Must offer a balanced presentation of all available trial data that is pertinent to the topic.
- The preponderance of data presented from clinical trials should be from peer-reviewed publications.
- Presentation slides cannot include commercial company and product logos.
- Do not included identifiers for patients or donors.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All speakers and attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and will be required to show proof of vaccination: original vaccination card, a photo of vaccination card, or through a pre-approved verification app.
Speaker Agreement and Information
If you agree to all of the terms listed above, please complete and submit the Speaker Agreement Form by July 6.