The Eye Bank Association of America is committed to promoting an ethical culture within the eye bank community in order to better advance its vision, to respect its mission and to reinforce its values. EBAA expects all association members and their representatives to voluntarily observe these principles for the benefit of the community and to champion the restoration of sight.
AN EBAA MEMBER BANK:
- Acts in good faith in all matters related to the recovery of donor eyes/corneas. Respects the rights of donors, their families and recipients, including the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Operates in a fair and equitable manner.
- Achieves and maintains quality in all its services.
- Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other EBAA members to create a culture of mutual respect and trust.
- Holds itself to be publicly accountable, earning and maintaining the confidence of all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates transparency in its public and professional relationships.
- Assumes authority to represent itself and no other.
- Avoids actual and potential conflicts of interest.
- Implements policies that adhere to EBAA Standards.
- Complies with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts business in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with accepted business practices.
- Establishes itself as a non-profit organization (or its foreign equivalent).