EBAA proudly publishes the International Journal of Eye Banking, a periodic, peer-reviewed, open access online journal. As the first and only journal dedicated exclusively to eye banking, the Journal pursues interdisciplinary papers regarding the profession as a whole, not only those specific to clinical or scientific subjects, such as:
- Fundamentals of eye banking
- Public education
- Facilities and equipment
- Donor referrals and case coordination
- Tissue recovery, processing, evaluation, suitability, storage, distribution, final destination
- Donor eligibility
- Oversight (regulatory, legislative, medical, and legal)
- Education (especially offering continuing education)
- Best practices
- Research and laboratory investigations
- Analyses of donor corneal tissue related to transplantation
- Statistical updates
- Cost-effectiveness/value-based medicine
The editorial team consists of an editorial board and reviewers composed of eye bankers and corneal surgeons, which include:
Patricia Dahl, Co-Editor
Ellen Heck, Co-Editor
Manuscripts for review may be submitted online or sent by e-mail or; prior to submission, the author should:
- Read and review the instructions carefully. Articles not submitted in accordance with our policies must be immediately rejected. Refer to the Submission Checklist.
- Ensure that one author is designated as corresponding author.
- Remove identifiers from the title page.
- Follow these formatting guidelines.
- Submit manuscripts in English.
- Format text to 8½ x 11-inch (or similar-sized ISO standard) paper with at least a 1-inch (approximately 2.5 cm) margin on all sides.
- Do not justify the right margin. Double space all text. Use the Times New Roman font, point size 12.
- Files must be saved as Microsoft Word; please submit only files with .doc extensions.
- When you use italics, change the font accordingly.
- Do not underline except when using URL addresses for a website.
To learn more, or for more information on paper submission, please visit the Journal’s website.