The Eye Bank Association of America is accepting proposals for the EBAA Targeted Research Grant on COVID-19. The spread of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 has created issues and concerns related to eye banking and cornea donation. EBAA is interested in funding research that investigates possible solutions to issues that have arisen in eye banking and cornea transplantation since the spread of COVID-19. EBAA will award up to $15,000, funding up to two proposals at $7,500 each.
Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Disease transmission through cornea donation and recovery
- Donor screening and testing
- Survival and predictability of the virus on the cornea
- Protocols to decrease possibility of transmission
The application period is closed.
- Physicians, including corneal surgeons, and other eye care specialists
- Basic scientists, including biomedical and social scientists
- Eye-bank technicians, nurses, post-graduate fellows, ophthalmology residents, and medical students who are supervised by a physician or basic scientist associated with an eye bank or academic institution