The Executive Committee voted in 1992 to establish education grants for EBAA member eye banks. Each year, two grants of $1,500.00 each may be awarded to promote the interchange of ideas between eye banks. This unique grant allows staff from one eye bank to visit another eye bank to learn a specific aspect of eye banking or to work on a project of common interest. The grant recipients will be announced each year during the Annual Meeting in June.
To apply for a grant, the following items must be submitted on the application:
A formal letter to the EBAA Office addressed to the Executive Committee that includes:
- Educational objectives and the reason that the visit is needed
- The name of the bank to be visited
- A plan of action
- Statement to present findings at an EBAA-sponsored meeting
A formal letter from the host eye bank agreeing to host the networking opportunity.
Past Networking Grant projects have included:
- Learning more about various pre-cutting programs
- Developing training programs
- Improving call center operations
- Establishing industry norms for QA and Regulatory Compliance Programs
- Finding ways to promote the message of eye banking
- Creating programs for managers to monitor cases that did not move forward to consent or conversion
The 2019 application cycle has closed.