Technicians who have passed the Certified Eye Bank Technician (CEBT) Exam, are certified for three years. After the initial three year period, it is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that their CEBT status does not expire.
To maintain the CEBT certification, candidates must meet the requirements listed below and submit application with payment.
Obtain 16 Continuing Education Credits, with confirmed attendance from two of the following courses during the certification period:
- EBAA Technician Skills Workshop;
- EBAA Medical Advisory Board Meeting;
- EBAA Medical Directors Symposium; and/or
- EBAA Scientific Session (includes Scientific Symposium and the Cornea and Eye Banking Forum)
To view the number of CEUs that you have earned from EBAA events and programs, log into the EBAA website and select “My CEUs” from the menu on the left. If you still need to earn CEUs, please view eyeLEARN to see all of the educational opportunities available.
Application and Payment
If the applicant has met the requirements to recertify, the only step left is to complete the application and submit payment via the link listed below. Note: Only CEBTs expiring December 31, 2020, may submit to the application to recertify in 2020.
|Through November 30||December 1 – December 31|
All applications and fees must be submitted by December 31, 2020.
Please contact Genevieve@restoresight.org with any questions.
The deadline to apply for recertification in 2020 has passed.
- Criteria for Certification and Recertification
- CEU Request Form
- EBAA Medical Standards (viewable in Members section)
- EBAA Procedures Manual (viewable in Members section)
- FDA Final Guidance for Industry:Current Good Tissue Practice (cGTP)
- FDA Final Guidance for Industry: Eligibility Determination for Donors of HCT/Ps