Elizabeth Fout has been in the eye banking field for nearly 22 years and has been the Executive Director of the Florida Lions Eye Bank for the past 15 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Florida and a master’s degree in Health Services Administration from Florida International University. Elizabeth has served on several committees and taskforces within the EBAA, including serving as Chair of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee for the past 4 years.
I am honored to be running for the Secretary/Treasurer position of the EBAA. I believe very strongly in the mission of eye banking and in the important role that the EBAA plays in strengthening our profession and providing our organizations with support. I believe that the true strength of the association, however, is found within its membership, and by working together and being open to new ideas and perspectives, we can continue to see this association thrive.
With many challenges facing eye banks, including consolidation, competition, and the recent COVID-19 pandemic, I believe more than ever that the EBAA Board must be strategic, creative, and must make fiscally sound decisions to strengthen the membership and advance the organization. My experience as the Executive Director of the Florida Lions Eye Bank, has provided me with the skills and experience that I feel are needed for this position and I look forward to serving the association, if elected.
- Member, Statistical Report Committee (2010-2012)
- Member, Constitution and Bylaws Committee (2010-2016)
- Chair, Constitution and Bylaws Committee (2016-current)
- Member, Legislative and Regulatory Committee (2014-2018)
- Member, Membership Expansion Taskkforce (2019)
- Member, Governance Review Committee (2016-2017)
- Member, Statistical Report Taskforce (2010-2012)