Following graduation from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2000, Eric began his eye banking career at Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank (RMLEB) in Colorado. He served in various positions of increasing responsibility through April 2005. He then served as the Technical Director for the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin for three years before returning to Colorado in 2008 where he was RMLEB’s Technical Director. Eric joined Georgia Eye Bank in April 2011 as the Chief Operating Officer and was promoted to President & Chief Executive Officer in January 2014.
Eric has been a Certified Eye Bank Technician (CEBT) since 2003 and has served in several various leadership roles for the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA). He currently serves on the Accreditation Board and is secretary of the Medical Advisory Board.
I believe strongly in the mission of the Eye Bank Association of America. Our profession is going through tremendous change and its seems nearly every day, a new challenge presents itself. I am deeply committed to eye banking and have made EBAA committee service a priority not only for myself, but also for my organization. I did have the wonderful opportunity to serve as a member of the BOD for a one-year term during the board restructuring phase. I feel my skills, experience, and passion can still be a benefit to the EBAA and its membership.
I enjoy working with others towards a common goal. Connecting with colleagues to solve problems and identify opportunities to advance our field is something I’ve done for many years. It would be a honor to again serve on the EBAA Board of Directors. My critical-thinking skills and ability to effectively communicate with others makes me an excellent choice for an at-large position. I am ready to work and pledge, if elected, to execute the duties of a board member with the highest integrity and professionalism.
- Member, Technician Education Committee (2006-2008 and 2010-2012)
- Chair, Technician Education Committee (2008-2010)
- Member, Medical Advisory Board (2008-2018)
- Secretary, Medical Advisory Board (2018-current)
- Vice-Chair, Accreditation Board (2010-2016)
- Co-Chair, Accreditation Board (2016-2018)
- Member, Accreditation Board (2018 – current)
- Member, Legislative and Regulatory Committee (2012-2016)
- Member, Finance Committee (2012-2014)
- Member, Continuing Education Committee (2016-2018)
- Member, EBAA Board of Directors (2017-2018)